Michelle is Chief Executive Officer, GECKO Governance and an experienced compliance and risk professional with 15 years experience in senior positions in various financial services industries including banking and fund administration. During her time in industry, Michelle was a member of Industry working groups in AML, Data Protection and Regulation. Michelle holds the relevant compliance, risk and legal qualifications and professional body memberships, complementing strong business commercial knowledge.
Having worked in the Funds industry and understanding the intricacies of the work involved, Michelle is able to fully appreciate the pain points and frustrations of GECKO Governance’s clients and how the software can alleviate these pain points and streamline clients’ work flows and business processes. Active in the start-up and Fintech communities, Michelle is a member of the Fintech and Payments Association, and a brand ambassador for The Fintech Corridor.
Areas of expertise include:
- Developing and maturing business operations within start-ups;
- Fintechs, Digital Transformation and Cyber Risk;
- Regulatory risk compliance including training, review and analysis of CBI guidance, AIFMD, UCITS, AML legislation with cross jurisdictional requirements including MiFID, governance and data security;
- Outsourcing best practice review and guidance;
- Financial Crime Compliance by way of monitoring, local and global MI reporting and risk consulting;
- Business Analysis & Strategy; and
- Continuous Process Improvement, Lean Six Sigma
24th Nov 2021